Saturday, September 27, 2008

On being helpful




Ok, so there I was, standing near my man, not quite by him, while he was busy sucking yellow jackets up with a shop vac. We were helping a neighbor--the yellow jackets were coming into her daughters room.So--being the helpful, loving wife that I am--I was there with Tom. Mind you-I-(yes,me)- was the one standing pretty still while Tom was moving around and making quick movements-something bees don't like. Well-as you've probably already guessed--I was the one to get nailed! Now, I don't think it was looking for me but, I was in his line of fire and he hit me right under the nose! I hurried home-about 2 mins. away at my speed today--to get some comfrey to help lessen the swelling. I knew I wasn't getting it on fast enough to keep it from swelling but,I knew it would probably keep it from being full blown. The treatment does look lovely, don't you think? Call it a spot facial!

3 comments:

Verla said...

Are you sure that you did not get mouthy with Thomas and that is what you got? Almost a fat lip. Just teasing.

Have a good weekend

Hannah said...

Sorry mom, but that looks utterly disgusting!:) Dad seems to have a way of steering the bees in his helper's direction and not getting off scotch free!!!

Anonymous said...

I find it hard to believe that sweet Tom would do something to hurt you. He probably risked his life trying to keep them there yellow jackets away from you. Hahaha.