Saturday, October 11, 2008

The News

Okay, here's the news. After 3 1/2 yrs. of Tom driving back and forth to Dayton for work (almost 180 miles a day!) we are moving to Dayton! I am very happy to be moving and Tom is very excited to be moved, too. He'll only be about 15-20 mins. from work. He'll actually have some time to do something besides get home, eat and go to bed!
As an added benefit he has access to all the hunting area our landlord owns--200 acres behind our house plus many more acres close by. He is really looking forward to that!
The house was a wreck but, it has been completely redone from the drywall out--well--except for the floors! That's ok--we can deal with that. So I'll have a brand new kitchen--how nice is that! We'll have plenty of room when the kids are all home, too.
Did I mention that Tom and I are very excited to be moving? It's like starting over again but, I have to say--I'm still happy to be moving.
I've posted some pics--mostly for the kids to see-so I hope they don't bore the rest of you. You know what life will be for me for the next little while since I'll be doing most of the sorting and packing by myself. What a job! but, I'll just dig in and get-r-done!
As a side--I hope you're all paying close attention to the candidates--I think if you do you'll have NO choice but MCCAIN/PALIN!



Our new home




this will be the computer/reading room




looking in from the front door




my new kitchen




other side of kitchen-frig. goes here-laundry room off to the side




upstairs bathroom-bedrooms are all upstairs



to the attic



The yard and such is to be taken care of yet and the pond is to be cleaned out and some bushes cleaned out. The owner is a very nice but, no nonsense man. Most of his renters stay with him because he's good to them so we're looking forward to being here a long time.
I know that wasn't as exciting as you might have thought it would be but it's very exciting for us. The other news would have been w-a-y to exciting!!!!! hehe

3 comments:

Marea P said...

When is your moving date? We WILL have to get together now, since it may be a while before we hook up again. Your new home looks very nice, and I'm sure you'll have fun decorating.

Verla said...

Good for Thomas. Hust think this winter it will be extra special because of the roads. I love older homes and think that this one looks like it will be GOOD

Hannah said...

I'm so happy for you and dad! Can't wait to come home and see it.