Saturday, February 7, 2009

Kitchen



As I've said before, Tom and I have enjoyed decorating the new place and finding things at low prices. These are just a couple pics of the kitchen so far. I'm leaving the walls white--I like the openness--and accenting with blue and yellow, mainly.
Lowe's had border marked down to $1/roll . I found 2 rolls that really caught my eye--not enough! Enter, Hannah! She was able to pick up 8 more rolls in FL. and brought them home on their vacation. Thanks to her and Andy, the border was up in no time! Hannah also helped with decorating ideas but, had to leave before we could finish anything. So--- here is what we/I have come up with so far. I'm taking my time and trying to find tings I LIKE! Not just things to fill space! I don't want a cluttered look any how.
Maybe I'll post some other pics as I go along. At least Hannah will enjoy seeing them! hee-hee

5 comments:

Hannah said...

My ivy is gone!!!!!! How dare you destroy all of my hard work!

Just kidding. Looking good mom. Can't wait to see the finished product.

If it were my house......i think i would paint the walls a warm brown or burgundy!!!!!

Verla said...

I agree with you about an all white kitchen. You can change it a lot easier than if it was painted. Mine is in white and then I have fruit as my decoration. One of these days I will find something that will get my eye and change it.
Really it is what ever floats your boat

Sharonda said...

I like the white too! It makes a room look bigger and bright! It's looking great!

Sharonda said...

I like the white too! It makes a room look bigger and bright! It's looking great!

Greg & Stephanie said...

Must be kitchen fever! I'm there, too, although I don't want to put a whole lot into it cause we probably won't live there long. I have figured out one thing...no more border/wallpaper for me! That stuff is such a bear to remove! Not sure what I'll come up with, but I'll post pics when I finish. My counters (nice ones purchased by previous owner) are burgundy, so that limits my selection. I agree with you...neutrals (white, ivory, or shades of beige) definitely work best for me. Painting is not a relaxing experience for me :), so I do it as little as possible! Happy decorating!