Friday, February 6, 2009

Thrift stores

Okay, so anyone that knows me well knows my favorite stores are thrift stores. I mean--why would I pay top dollar for something I can get at half price or much less!It's a lot of fun to find an item you're looking for at a great price. I'm really thankful for those people who pay those high prices, gently use it for a while and then donate it!
Well, while Hannah was home we stumbled on a Goodwill outlet. All adult clothes are just 1.49 and childrens are cheaper yet--99 I think. While browsing the other day, I pulled out this very cute nightie and wouldn't you know!--it was Christian Dior from Saks Fifth Ave.! It looks new and feels oh, so soft! I would never think of spending what it would cost to purchase this new, but at 1.49 I think it was a nice deal.
How about you? Do you enjoy the challenge of shopping for what you need/want at thrift stores? I know it requires patience sometimes but, it feels better to spend less--at least I think so! Tom and I had a lot of fun decorating on the frugal.(not cheap)
If there's something coming up that you're going to need or just something you've been wanting, I'd suggest your local thrift shop--and have fun!

3 comments:

Verla said...

I love GW and it is one of my favorite stores. Not this past December but a year ago my cousin that lives close to Dayton took me to 5-6 GW stores. We were at the one that you are talking about as well. What a good time we had and spent very little money.

Hannah said...

Amen sister! I'm finding free-cycle to be pretty good too!

Greg & Stephanie said...

Ugh. Sorry, but I consider going to the GW about as excruciating as a trip to the dentist (not quite - ha!). It's not that I think I'm above it, it just requires a certain level of patience and endurance that I do not possess! I love to shop, and I love to find $1-$5 deals at Macy's, Children's Place, Penneys, and occasionally WalMart. For instance, I have started buying Kaitlynn's spring shirts and skirts - WalMart girls dept has a rack of last year's stuff at crazy low prices. Greg wears Big & Tall pants, and he found 2 pr. his size at Penney's the other day for $7.50...regular $40. So, I guess it's not about where you buy, rather how much you spend. I love the enthusiasm of GW shoppers, though! They are always having so much fun! :)