Thursday, April 9, 2009

Do we need yet another reason to breastfeed???

New Study Finds Infant Formula Contaminated With Rocket Fuel Chemical

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has found that 15 brands of infant formula are contaminated with perchlorate, an environmental toxin found in rocket and missile propellants. Two of the brands account for 87% of milk-based infant formula sales in the U.S. Perchlorate is a potent thyroid toxin that may interfere with fetal and infant brain development. The study found that reconstituting the formula with water that has levels as low as 4ppb of perchlorate would cause 54% of infants to exceed "safe" dosage levels of the toxin.

To read more on this go to Organic Consumers Association this is organic byte #168

4 comments:

Hannah said...

Another reason why some people should get over themselves and think about whats best for baby!

Marea P said...

Makes me glad I nursed both of my girls! I never wanted to do anything but nurse them either. I think I still have a great bond with my girls today (& I believe in the years to come) & it makes me wonder if it started from infancy and the bond between mom & baby nursing?

Greg & Stephanie said...

I'm always playing devil's advocate, right? LOL I'm so glad I was able to nurse the girls, but the boys just didn't want to cooperate with me! Guess it was because I didn't cooperate with my momma when it came to nursing. Paybacks stink. :) Anyway, God's design is perfect, and when possible, is best for baby. I don't have actual statistics, but I would imagine that the percentage of women who actually choose formula over breast is very small. Many women go into motherhood without information, or become frustrated following a few failed attempts. I think that times are changing, though, and more mothers are valuing this inexpensive and special way of feeding their precious bundles.

Anonymous said...

One dollar Tips - Hot! Free blogging Money

Expand your online income by simply adding pages to your blog site. I will show you how to earn money with simply placing pages on your blog site.

This is an incredible pay-per-View program that pays you just to show pages on your blog site. Even when you show the program's videos, you get paid for each time someone plays the video. Its really cool!

Place the code on your blog site and watch the earning revenues..

Click Here - http://listinsomnia.com/trk/379