Monday, June 30, 2008

Life is continuing on at a pretty good pace! I have to admit, today I don't feel like trying to keep up! We're getting the garden in shape. Being gone a month made some extra work but, it's looking nice. I've pretty well finished the pond. We have some plants in it that the fish really like and-woo-hoo! we even have a resident frog and 2 large snails! It's alot of fun to do and watch. Things are looking nice- just not a lot of different things as far as vegies. My herbs are looking healthy so I should have a nice little crop to dry for use this winter.
Tom is very anxious to meet and hold Chastity. If all goes as planned they will be home the first part of Aug. Oh, boy!
An interesting thing happened at the hospital where Hannah was in FL. I met Dr. Thomas Enyart.(hope I spelled it right) He spoke to Becky , the girls and I at the elevator. He looked so familiar and I had heard the nurse call him Dr. Enyart but, I couldn't place why he looked so familiar. It finally hit me-a blog! I had seen his wifes blog. Is it a small world or what!
I have lot's to get accomplished today so I'd best close this and get moving. It is only 7:25 a.m. and I have a load of laundry ready to hang out,rearranged a couple pieces of furniture, changed my tablecloth and just about finished the dishes. I guess I'm not doing to badly!
Have a good day and take time to smell the flowers! They'll be gone before we know it!






This shows some natural comb. It had to be removed so more frames could be put in place. The honey run has been going for about a week now so the bees are really working hard! The frame Tom is holding is what a fully capped frame of honey looks like. He cuts the caps off and then it's spun out in a small extractor. Good honey!!


2 comments:

Hannah said...

The pond is looking beautiful and the garden looks so neat and tidy. Good work!

Hannah said...

Wish i had access to field rock down here. Looks so nice