Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Summer pickins'



I have to say, I really do enjoy picking berries and such. I picked some mulberries and raspberries down at my folks the other day. I didn't get a lot but, it was fun. Monday eve. Tom and I got to go cherry picking--and they were free! I went back Tues. and picked another 2 gallons. All together we got about 5 gallons. I'm gonna make Tom a pie and then juice the rest for later. I think some cherry lemonade and cherry smoothies would taste good come Nov. or Dec., don't you? I know Hannah will enjoy it when she comes home.
Looking forward to the Independence Day celebrations. I'm making a family display of all our past and present service men. I think we have 9 altogether. 3 of them serving now.
Enjoy your day and don't miss out on summers bounty! It doesn't last long.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Can't wait for some of those yummy sounding beverages!

Wendy said...

I want a cherry pie, crumb topped, along side a dip of double vanilla ice cream! Can you accomodate? :-)
It's so much fun to harvest and put away for winter isn't it?
I just went to the garden and pulled a gorgeous onion to add to the cabbage......gonna make slaw for supper!