Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th and a salute to our troops

Our salute to all the troops-past and present! May God protect those in harms way!
I guess this 4th of July means more to me and is closer to home than ever before since we have 2 boys of our own currently serving. We've always been patriotic but, it sure drives it home when your own are in.
I did a little display to honor our families servicemen-past and present. We have 10- ranging from WW2 to present. 3 of our boys are currently serving- Dan Guy- 2nd tour in Iraq, Nathanael currently stationed in WA. and Aaron in Marine boot camp-OOH-RAH!
The others are my dad, Jack, brother-in-law, Ron, brother Dan, brother-in-law, Phil, nephews, Theron, Tommy,and Benny.
Thanks to all of you!!
We have had a family reunion at my sisters for our immediate family for the last several years. It's always a nice time and helps us keep connected.I've posted a few pics of the day and a couple of the display.
Our troops need our prayers-whether they all think so or not. I'm sure at some point they all hope someone is praying for them
Happy Independence Day!! God Bless America!



Taking the itchy out of the nettles naturally-with plantain





in line for some good food

Tara-aka Grillmaster Jeremiah-taste tester

No comments: