Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Yesterday I turned 45. I don't think I've been sung to as many times as I was yesterday! I even heard it mentioned on the radio- which is usually not on at that time. I had a good day and a very relaxing evening with my favorite man.
We are looking forward to Hannah, Andy and Chastity coming home Tues. It will all go by way to quickly.
I've added a couple pics to show the latest changes I talked about in home decorating! Some day I may actually get it all done! Yeah!
Today I'll be picking gooseberries. I think longer sleeves are in order- my arms are just healing from the raspberries. I really like summer harvesting of all the goodies. Maybe I'll try a gooseberry pie-hmmm-granny said they take a lot of sugar though. I'll see what I can do. Sugar isn't in our diet anymore- at least not white sugar. I use raw honey or real maple syrup so it makes baking just a bit different.We shall see!





this scene is replayed many nights -relaxing and watching the bees




the new window treatment for our room- I know- the light looks crazy but, it works well for us!




chair rail in the kitchen- to paint or stain? that is the question

3 comments:

Vonnie said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog! Good to hear from you!

Hannah said...

I love the new window treatment! Very pretty and romantic. As for the lights; you could use some new ones. They don't exactly match the decor!.

The trim should definitely be painted white.

Wendy said...

Do you want my two-cents worth on the trim? If your cabinets are painted, then I think the trim would look good painted too. Do you know that I can't even remember if your cabinets are painted or not? :-)