Tuesday, July 15, 2008

More fruits of summer




Yesterday- Mon. - I picked almost 12 lbs. of black raspberries. My arms, especially my right arm, looks like I was in a cat fight! Next time I'll have to wear wrist length sleeves.Oh well, I'll survive and the scratches will heal and we'll have honey sweetened blackberry jam and some juice concentrate to add to lemonade later! I made smoothies last night using raw heavy cream, pure maple syrup, some berries and a little raw milk. Yummm! Nice and rich! Tom and I had a smoothie for breakfast this morning, too.He really enjoys them.
The sunflowers, etc. were a hostess gift from our friends. We had them over for Sun. dinner and had a good time visiting. The flowers make such a splash I think. They just say summer in a big way. I love picking flowers and weeds to make fresh bouquets for the table. Fresh flowers for nothing!
My handyman-my hubby- put chair rail up in the kitchen for me Sat. I'm now debating whether to paint it white or leave it and stain it lightly. By the way, my kitchen is still in the process of being made over. I think it will look so nice when I'm done.
I"m also painting our room. It already looks nice and I'm not finished. Tom liked it so, I think I did alright!
Well, enjoy the day. I must keep moving to get everything done!

1 comment:

Hannah said...

I love the sunflowers! Wish i had some to put on my table. One week to go!