Saturday, July 19, 2008



These are some of the first things I've harvested from my own garden- mint (2nd harvest) purple basil and yes, my first zuchini! ( how do you spell that?) I used the mint for tea, fried the zuchini up with one from a friend and made fresh pesto with the basil as well as freezing some of the leaves for later. As for the pesto- someone said the purple was pesto on steroids. We sort of agree! It is a stronger flavored basil but, the pesto was good!
I have gobs of tomatoes on the vines. Most likely everything will start coming on when I have to be in TN. for a week! Hopefully it won't start full force til I'm back home and can deal with it.
we are anxiously waiting for Hannah and Andy to get here with Chastity! Our first stop after picking them up at the airport will be Tom's office. It will be his first time to meet her and then a bunch of the women in the office are wanting to see her. Most everyone loves a baby, don't they?
I'm sure we'll have at least one or two pics of her visit home!

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Yummy! cant wait to enjoy some of it with you. Only two more days!

the nathaniel covert family said...

when will you be in tn,and where abouts?